Our 2013 field trip and workshop schedule is now available! Click here to find out more.
The New York Flora Association was founded in 1990 with the goal of promoting field botany and a greater understanding of the plants that grow wild in New York State. The goals of the organization are:
- to promote the study of New York State's Flora;
- to encourage the production of botanical publications that are educational to the public and beneficial to the scientific community;
- to provide an umbrella organization for field and herbarium botanists that can represent their points of view;
- to serve as an information exchange for botanically related organizations and botanists active in New York State;
- to foster the pursuit of common interests;
- to support the continued development of the New York Flora Atlas; and
- to promote conservation of native plants and natural communities.